Permanent Cosmetics Before & After Care
Before your procedure:
Please note that in accordance with the state of Michigan law, you may be allowed to donate blood within the standard deferral period if you present a copy of your client consent form to the blood donation facility.
To best prepare for your appointment (of any permanent cosmetic procedure), please keep in mind of the following:
Before your procedure, please do not consume any caffeine, vitamin E, fish oil or any type of blood thinner (please seek medical attention or ask your doctor before stopping a regiment). Remember that anywhere you bleed, the pigment (color) will absorb into that scab, leaving no resulting color. We recommend discontinuing vitamin E, Krill, Omega-3, fish oil for at least two weeks prior to your appointment. Please see the bottom of this page for a full list of blood thinners.
If you have ever had any Botox, Juvéderm, Restylane or other fillers, please contact our office to discuss your past treatments. Unfortunately, we are unable to perform any permanent cosmetic procedures on clients who have recently had any of these treatments in the past six months. For your safety, we ask that you please bring proof of your most recent treatment date if you have had any Botox, Juvéderm, Restylane or other filler treatments.
In addition, for eyeliner procedures:
If your body responds well to Benadryl, we recommend taking it prior to your appointment. Why? Well, we have found that by taking an antihistamine prior to your procedure, your tear ducts will be drier, giving your permanent eyeliner the best results! Please use caution though when taking an antihistamine. If it causes you to become drowsy, please arrange someone to drive you to and from your appointment.
Please arrive to your appointment without wearing your eye contact lenses. Also, in the case that your eyes are sensitive, please remember to bring your sunglasses to wear home with you.
In addition, for lip procedures:
If you have ever had a cold sore or fever blister, you will need to get a prescription to prevent a breakout (such as Zovirax). By taking a fever reducer the day before, the day of, and the day after the procedure will prevent the chances for a breakout, allowing you to have the best results with your new permanent lips. Please consult medical attention or your doctor for approval of medication changes.
Drugs that cause bleeding problems:
- Aspirin Containing Products: Acuprin, Adprin, Alka-Seltzer,, Anacin, Arthritis Foundation, Aspirin, Aspirin suppositories, Aspergum, Ascriptin, Asprimox, Baby aspirin, Bayer. BC Powder, Buffered Aspirin, Bufferin, Buffex, Cama Arthritis, Children's Aspirin, Ectorin, Empirin, Enteric Coated, Genacote, Gelprin, Goody's, Hafprin, Magnaprin, Midol, Norwich, Pamerin, Rhinocaps, St. Joseph, Sloprin, Supac, Stanback Powder, Vanquish, ZORprin.
- Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs): Advil, Aleve, Anaprox, Ansaid, Arthrotec, Cataflam, Celebrex, Celecoxib, Clinoril, Daypro, Diclofenac, Fiflunisal, dolobid, Etodolac, Feldene, Fenoprofen, Fluriprofen, Ibuprofen, Indocin, Indomethacin, Ketoprofen, Ketorolac, Lodine, Meclomen, Meclofenamate, Mefenamic Acid, Meloxicam, Mobic, Motrin, Nabumetone, Naprozen, Naprosyn, Nalfon, Orudis, Oruvail, Oxaprozin, Ponsel, Piroxicam, Prevacid Naprapac, Relafen, Sulindac, Tolectin, Tolmetin, Toradol, Voltaren, Vicoprofen.
- Aspirin(ASA) NSAID Combinations: Butalbital/ Caffeine &ASA, Butalbital/Codeine &ASA, Codeine & ASA, Carisoprodol & ASA, Combunox, Dihydrocodeine/caff & ASA, Equagesic, Excedrin, Fiorinal, Fiorinal & Codeine, Hydrocodone & Ibuprofen, Ibudone, Invagesic, Meprobamate & ASA, Norgesic, Ophrenadrine/ Caff & ASA, Oxycodone & ASA, Oxycodone & IBU, Percodan, Reprexain, Soma Compound, Synalgos- DC, Vicoprofen.
- Salicylates: Aspercreme, Choline Trisalisylate, Disalcid, Doan's, Elmiron, Mobidin, Momentum, Mobisyl Creme, Myoflex Creme, Pentosan Polysulfate, Salsalate. Sodium Salicylate Inkection, Trilisalate, Tricosal.
- Perscription Blood Thinners: Aspirin/dipyridamole, Aggrenox, Arixta, Brilinta, Cliostazol, Clopidogren, Coumadin, Dabigatran, Dalteparin, Diprydamole, Effient, Eliqis, Enoxaparin, Flagmin, Fondaparimux, Heparin, Hep-Lock. Hep- Flush, Hep-Peck, Innohep, Jantoven, Lovenox, Persantine, Plavix, Pletal, Pradaxa, Prasugrel, Rivoroxaban, Ticagrelor, Tinzaparin, Ticlid, Ticlopidine, Warfarin, Xarelto.
- Herbal Products: Cayenne, Dong Quai, Echincea, Ephedra, Feverfew, Flax Seed, Fish oil, Garlic, Ginseng, Ginger, Gingko, Goldseal, Kava, Omega-3, Saw Palmetto, Valerian, St. John's Wort, Yohimbe Bark, Vitamin E
PLEASE consult with your doctor before stopping your medication for ANY reason.